Sunday, May 4, 2014

Twilight Series Review (NO SPOILERS)

Hey everyone!

Two posts in one day...to make up for my lack of posts the previous weekends! I'm going to be talking about the Twilight series today.

I liked this series. I'll admit it. The plot was enjoyable and interesting. I gave the first two books and the companion novella (The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner) three stars on Goodreads and the last two books four stars.

I found the writing of the series to be very simplistic. The content was not appropriate for him, but my nine year old brother would have no issues with the reading level. This made me read these books extremely quickly and fly through them with no issues at all.

Bella is a very stupid character. She is weak, until the middle of book 4, and she is VERY dependent on male heroes. If you need a strong female heroine, do not read this series because you will hate it because of Bella. I understand why Meyer made her so weak, because at the bottom of this, it is a love story.

I thought that Meyer was very creative and put a new twist on the vampire story. This was a definite plus to the story and made me enjoy it so much more! Also, I found the side characters much more enjoyable to learn about than Bella herself. 

My favorite book is book 4, when Bella is NOT telling the story and Jacob is. (Best. Part.) I still enjoyed this series very much and look forward to reading The Host.

Thanks and happy reading!
Becki xx

P.S. I'm team Edward

No comments:

Post a Comment