Saturday, May 24, 2014

Book Cake Tag

Hey everyone!

Still studying over here, but I decided to take yet another break and do a fun tag I saw on YouTube! It's called a Book Cake Tag, where you basically make a cake out of books!

Questions:

1) Flour - A book that was a little bit slow to start off but that really picked up as it went along. 
I'm going to go with The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken. This book had a bit of a slow start but I ended up giving this book a 4 out of 5 stars.

2) Margarine - A book that had a really rich and great plot. 
I'm going to go with Cursor's Fury by Jim Butcher. I just finished this book recently and it was so so so good! You must read the Codex Alera series!

3) Eggs - A book that you thought was going to be bad but actually turned out quite enjoyable. 
Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare was so much better than I thought it was going to be. I was in love with The Mortal Instruments and I thought that this series could never be better than TMI, so I had really low expectations. I ended up reading this trilogy in two days...and I like it better than TMI now. 

4) Sugar - A sugary/sweet book. 
I have to go with Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins. This book was so so so amazing! Please go read it...I loved it so much!!

5) Icing - A book that covered every single element that you enjoy about a book (funny moments, action moments, sad moments, etc.). 
Normally I would choose Harry Potter for this but I'm not because I am using it for the one below. I have to go with The Fault in Our Stars because this book has great character development, a plot twist that I did not pick up on (until I reread it and found the foreshadowing), I cried (great compliment for a book), a very cute romance (obviously), and a perfect new book crush <3

6) Sprinkles - A book series that you can kind of turn to for a little pick me up when you're feeling down. 
Harry Potter. Definitely Harry Potter. This series is my favorite of all time and it just makes me happy. Even when I cry, even when I don't, any of these books just picks me right up. I don't even have to read the whole book; just a random chapter or two can do much for me. :)

7) The cherry on top - Your favorite book this year so far. 
The Book Thief by Markus Zusack. Hands down. I read this back in January and I loved it so much!!! Great plot, great story, great everything!!


Hope you enjoyed this and hopefully I will see you soon! Happy reading!
Becki xx

No comments:

Post a Comment