Tuesday, May 13, 2014

To All the Boys I've Loved Before: Review

Hello everyone!!

Sorry this is two days late, I had competition this weekend. Today I'm going to be discussing To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han. This will be a spoiler free review!

This book is about a teenage girl named Lara Jean who has an older sister, Margo, who is going away to college, and a little sister Kitty. Lara Jean has a teal hatbox from her mother that she keeps all her love letters in. These letters aren't from boys, however. These are letters that she wrote to boys that she loved when she knew that she needed to be over them. She writes every thought in these letters, because they will be for her only. One day, the letters are mailed and Lara Jean has to deal with the consequences.

This book is fantastic! I loved the characters, the plot line, the suspense, and the relationships in the story. This story is really cute and a very light read but still really addicting. Also, this book isn't just about love and romance; it also emphasizes family and sisterhood. The relationship of the Song sisters is a key element to the plot and I just loved it. This book reminds me a bit of the 80's movie Can't Buy Me Love with Patrick Dempsey. If you have seen that movie and read this book, you will see why.

Overall I really enjoyed this book and gave it a 5/5 stars on Goodreads. This is one of the best contemporaries that I have read in a long time and I am so pumped for the sequel, P.S. I Still Love You.


Happy reading!
Becki xx

No comments:

Post a Comment