Saturday, May 24, 2014

Shatter Me Review

Hey everyone!

Sorry for the long break in between posts--finals in high school are so not fun. However, after June 3rd, I'm hoping to have 2-3 posts a week so look forward to that!!

Today I'm going to be talking about Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi. I finished this book a couple weeks ago and I thought it was okay. Not my favorite book by far. The plot is really interesting and it does pull you in and make you interested. However, I'm not the fondest of the characters. Juliette seems kind of like a spoiled brat half the book and she's just whining how she can't touch anyone. I realize this is a major issue but it's really annoying. Once the book progresses, she gets better but she is one of my least favorite protagonists. Adam is alright, but I don't really like him. He just seems kind of simple minded and simple overall. Warner seems more complex and I think there is more to him than the words on the page. Which is basically why I'm reading more.

Overall, I gave this book a 3.5 out of 5 stars. This isn't my favorite series, but I am curious to know the ending and will be continuing with Unravel Me when my finals are over!

Happy reading!
Becki xx

No comments:

Post a Comment