Sunday, April 13, 2014

I am the Messenger Review

Hello everyone!

Today I'm going to talk about the book I am the Messenger by Markus Zusack, who is also the author of the acclaimed novel The Book Thief. This will be a non-spoiler review!

I did not like this book. I didn't like it at all, really. The characters were not very interesting to me, the plot line was repetitive and boring, the love interest was stupid, and the ending was weird. I felt like the main character Ed Kennedy was kind of idiotic and stupid and just bleh. Love interest Audrey is very unrealistic and not probably at all. I loved The Book Thief so much and I had really high expectations for this book. Unfortunately, Markus Zusack's writing style here was boring and the whole story seemed to go by without Ed gaining anything in the end. I ended up giving this story a 2 out of 5 stars on Goodreads because it had the potential to be very good, but did not end up being that way. I did not like this book, but other people did so you still may like it.

Have a great day!

Becki xx

No comments:

Post a Comment