Saturday, March 8, 2014

"Anna and the French Kiss" Review

Hey guys,

So if you have ever watched a video on abookutopia's channel, you've probably heard that her favorite stand alone book is Anna and the French Kiss. I finally got around to reading it so here is my review:


It was a sweet, funny, and cute story with lots of fluff and happiness. The book begins when Anna is forced to move to a French boarding school for American kids in her senior year of high school, away from her best friend and long time crush. I found Anna to be a witty and realistic character and her new friends to be perfect. 

SPOILER SECTION:
The climax leading up to Anna and St. Clair's relationship was beautifully written and the pair was like another Romione coupling as I read the book. I was having a not-so-great day when I began reading this and after continually reading it for about 5 hours and finishing it in that time span, I was in love. This book was so realistic and I think that Rashmi was one of my favorite characters. She always popped up at the right times, and even though she and Josh didn't work out, they were a kind of cute couple. I also think that St. Clair and Ellie's breakup was very true to life...after all, how many people stay together after high school, especially when a year separates a couple.
END SPOILERS

I hope that this has inspired you to pick up this book from your local library! For any of you people who love romance or are having a bad day, this is the perfect pick-me-up!

Becki :)

No comments:

Post a Comment