Monday, May 26, 2014

Rebel Belle review and Blogger Shoutout!

Hey everybody!

I have a bit of free time right now so I wanted to post a quick review on a book I finished this weekend. Today I will be reviewing Rebel Belle by Rachel Hawkins. This is my first Rachel Hawkins book, and I went into it knowing only that it was like a Southern Belle who came into superpowers. I can tell you this book is so much more! Click here for a synopsis from Goodreads.




Overall I really enjoyed this book! The girly aspects perfectly combined with the action moments, making this a book for girls or guys. For any guys reading it, the first 50 pages are so may be a bit too pink for you, but continue to read after that and you will love it! Harper reminds me a tiny bit of Celaena from the Throne of Glass series, with her love for dresses and her still incredibly fierce personality. This book seemed like a mix of Legally Blonde, NCIS (one of my favorite TV shows), and The Sorcerer's Apprentice (Nicolas Cage movie). I read this book in one sitting, and it is very fast paced and very exciting! The supernatural and action elements were plentiful, but not as plentiful as some books can be. I did wish however, that there was more description of the Paladins and the history of who she becomes. (This isn't a spoiler...just something you will need to read the book to understand fully). 

I ended up giving this book a 4.5 out of 5 stars because it was a really good story.


One last thing... I want everyone to go check out the blog Spellbound Books! It's a really great blog with lots of fun hauls, reviews, and many more bookish things! Go check it out :) 

Happy reading!
Becki xx

No comments:

Post a Comment